Forum
Welcome to Aviation Forum Sign in | Join | Help
in Search  

Entering the Air Force Academy From College

Last post 06-26-2006, 7:53 PM by CAPman21. 1 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  02-10-2006, 5:04 PM 3207

Entering the Air Force Academy From College

Hello, I am a freshman engineering major at Florida State, currently in my second semester. I have recently come to the conclusion that I want to be an aeronautical engineer, but that particular field is not offered here at FSU. I had seriously considered applying to the air force academy when I was a junior in high school, but never actually pursued it. Lately, however, after doing much research, I have once again looked into the academy, and would like to know if anybody has any information regarding getting accepted to the academy from college. I currently have a 3.95 GPA, and had a 1300 on my SAT (730 Math - 570 English). I already have connections with a senator, and believe getting a nomination is more than possible, yet I am unsure how hard it is to get accepted. If anyone has any information they could share I would be very greatful.
  •  06-26-2006, 7:53 PM 3442 in reply to 3207

Re: Entering the Air Force Academy From College

Your academics look very good with nothing to really work on, but that's not all that they look at.  They look at the whole person and see that they not only did well in school but were also involved in the community and in sports.  If you are not already I would get at least 75 community service hours, 100 even better, and also get involved in extracurricular groups and earn leadership positions.  Most importantly you must decide that this is exactly what you want to do and be 100% focused and concentrated on achieving this goal.
View as RSS news feed in XML